Monday, January 5, 2015

Spring Rolls in January

The colder it gets outside, the more I use my crock pot.

Okay, that's a lie.... I'm addicted to using my crock pot and would use it even if we were experiencing 100 degree weather.

Instead of always baking chicken, crock pot it! Just throw a bunch of random spices and veggies in with the chicken and *boom*, dinner is waiting on YOU after the gym.


I simply love the recipe I am about to share with ya'll!

"Chicken Spring Rolls"


Ingredients:
6 Nasoya All Natural Egg Roll Wraps
Fresh, raw cole slaw
6 boneless chicken tenders
Olive oil
Fresh cilantro (optional)
1 cup slice onion
Spices (garlic powder, pepper, chili powder)
1 slice Go Veggie-vegan cheese
Asparagus (optional)

Directions: I used a leftover chicken crock pot mix to fill my wraps. The chicken mix was made like this--> *Crock pot set on high for 4-5 hours. Place 6 chicken tenders, spices, 1 cup sliced onions, and asparagus (optional)--this is my favorite way to cook my asparagus; I don't like it crunchy! Add 1 cup of water to the mix and let it cook.

When the chicken mix is almost finished, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take 1 egg roll wrap and follow instructions on package on how to fold/wrap. You'll place your chicken mix, cole slaw, and small piece of the cheese onto the corner of the wrap, fold and seal. Brush olive oil on top of each wrap and sprinkle fresh cilantro on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Good with or without a sauce, but my next experiment will definitely be coming up with a low sodium sauce for these yummy rolls!


For those needing macro info, here is a CLOSE estimate for 1 roll.

(Makes 6 rolls)
Serving size=1 roll
143 cals
3g fat
12g carbs
15g protein









No comments:

Post a Comment